Thanks to Yorke McDonald for the nomination for the Blogger Recognition Award, which was a totally unexpected yet lovely surprise. I love the idea of spreading positivity and support within the blogging community (god knows it needs it sometimes) – so without further ado, I shall get on with the award!
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
• Give a brief story of how you started your blog.
• Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
• Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
• Comment (or ping) on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I Started My Blog
I started The Life of Lilly when I realised I was heading into my first year out of academia and I wanted to continue to dedicate time to writing. I’ve talked a lot about how The Life of Lilly came into existence, so rather than repeating what you might have already seen, I’ll point you over to my ‘About’ page. To summarise what I’m saying there: I adore writing and I want to be known for writing honestly and eloquently. I want the things I talk about to matter, whether that’s only to myself or to other people too.
I love how broad the blogging community is – how one minute you’ll be reading about nail polish and the next you’ll be learning about dealing with depression or the beaches of some beautiful island.
My Advice for New Bloggers
- Be your true self – when starting out, it’s really easy to get wrapped up in what everybody else is doing. Focus on your chosen blog style and making your blog something that you’re proud of.
- Don’t let numbers get to you – whether it’s DA, all-time views or followers, it can be very disheartening when you’re a new blogger. There’s no denying that these things matter in certain situations, but for your own passion to write a blog, they mean nothing. Follow that passion!
- Love, Maisie
- Jaide Poppy
- Charlie Friend
- A Page of Me
- Lifestyled by Jennie
- Beth Roach Photography
- The Only Way is Egham
- Big Carl Running
- Lauren & Maddy
- Han Meets World
Share the love and check out all of these guys above, I love their posts/vlogs and I’m sure you will too!